Online Poker Games

Online Poker Tournaments

Sit and Go

Sit and Go (SNG) tournaments usually contain four to six seats. The prize money is usually split among the top two or three finishers. For example, the winner might be awarded 70% of the buy-ins with the runner up receiving the remaining 30%. As there is no rake, the house will take a percentage of the buy-in money. A SNG will start as soon as all the seats have been filled.

Freeze-out

A Freeze-out is a poker tournament which does not allow any re-buys or add-ons.

Guaranteed Prize Money

The house will guarantee a set minimum amount of prize money, regardless of how much money it makes off entry fees.

Head-to-head

This is a tournament featuring only two competitors in a heads-up poker situation.

Satellite

This type of online poker tournament does not offer cash as prizes, but instead awards the winner with a seat in a more prestigious target poker tournament.

Freeroll

A Freeroll requires no buy-in money.

Online Poker Cash Games

Online poker cash games are played at ring tables which usually seat 4 to 10 players. Players arriving at the table are required to pay a big blind or wait for the big blind button to reach their seat. As long as there are two seated players, the poker game will continue. The size of bets will be determined by the blinds, which range from as low as 1p up to hundreds of pounds.

Other Online Poker Games

Play Money Tables

Usually, online casinos will host play money poker games. As the name suggests, no real cash needs to be deposited into your account. If your play money runs out, it will be reset to the original amount. Play money poker games are a great way to learn the basic poker strategies and familiarise yourself with the online poker environment.

Side Games

Since it can become quite tedious waiting for a good hand to come your way, online casinos often offer fun side games such as Blackjack that can be played while seated at a poker table.